Should be called Glutathione the Great!!!
THIS IS ONE OF THE BEST ANTIOXIDENTS WE HAVE COME ACROSS.
As this is introduced into the body via the blood stream it rapidly reaches a cellular level. Not only does glutathione help internally on a myriad of cellular problems it is also performing like a super-hero for your skin.
Although not a vitamin Glutathione is a very powerful antioxidant, neutralising free radicals.
It is produced in the body’s cells but its production declines with age. Poor nutrition, environmental toxins and stress all contribute to declining levels.
Glutathione’s antioxidant properties reduce oxidative stress. It is thought that high levels of this stress may give rise to many diseases such as cancer, rheumatoid arthritis and diabetes.
Gluthatione may help with:
- Cirrhosis (Alcohol induced or non-alcohol) Fatty liver disease
- Improving insulin resistance
- Reducing symptoms of Parkinson’s disease
- Fighting auto-immune diseases
- Symptoms of respiratory disease
- Melasma pigmentation
- Skin lightening
- Inhibits tyrosine thus reducing pigmentation
- Body detoxification
- Reduces scaring
- Glowing Skin
- Reduces blotches
- Promotes DNA synthesis
- Aids sperm production
- Promotes enzyme function
- Aids removal of heavy metals (mercury)
- Assists the gall bladder in removal of fats
- Assists apoptosis
- Colitis damage
- May aid children with autism (further research necessary)
- Helps protect from the side effects of radiation and chemotherapy
- Combined with Vitamins C and D is a tremendous boost to the immune system
Side effects and risks can be: