There are 4 states of matter; solid, liquid, gas then plasma!
Advanced plasma technology
Plasma is where the gaseous state has been ionised by very high temperatures and electricity. The Plasma BT machine generates plasma in the minuscule air gap between a tiny needle and your skin. This causes pinprick size burns and sterilises the area. It also changes the positive and negative charges in the skin cell membrane, aiding regeneration of new tighter skin and thereby increasing the formation of collagen and elastin.
Please note that Plasma and Plasma Shower treatments may not be suitable for darker skin types (Fitzpatrick scale 4, 5 and 6).
Plasma Common Side effects
- Redness and swelling.
- Sunburn sensation.
- Temporary skin discolouration.
- Itching and flaking.
- Skin sensitivity and sunlight sensitivity.
Plasma Rare side effects
- Hypo/hyper pigmentation. Usually temporary, but may be permanent.
- Infection (any breaching of the skin can cause infection).
- Herpes simplex (cold sores).
- Scarring, usually temporary, but may be permanent.
- Demarcation lines.
Plasma Shower Common side effects
- Transient slight redness.
- If treating acne, weeping pustules.
Plasma Shower Rare side effects
- Hyper/hypo pigmentation. May be permanent but usually transient.
- Herpes simples (cold sores).
For optimal results 2-6 treatments, the “magic” usually happens after 3.
Treatment at 1-4 weekly intervals depending upon healing rate of skin.
Plasma Pre, during and after care
- Use SPF 30 daily for three weeks.
- Do not use active cosmetics ( Retinols, Vit C creams).
- (Mouth areas) If you have ever had cold sores, no matter how long ago, take an anti-viral for one week.
- Do not wear make-up on treatment day.
- You will be offered topical anaesthesia.
- There may be a smell of ozone.
- In an acne treatment, pustules may be dislodged.
- Skin may feel tight, throbbing and sunburnt.
- Small dots will be visible.
- If pain relief is necessary take over the counter medication.
- Keep the area dry for 48 hours.
- You can apply ice packs. (Must be kept dry).
- No vigorous exercise for 48 hours.
- Sleep as upright as possible.
- There may be swelling for 2-5 days, which can be worse upon waking.
- Crusts may last for 4-8 days.
- DO NOT PICK, SCRATCH OR RUB TO AVOIS SCARRING. THIS IS VERY VERY IMPORTANT.
- As the crusts fall there will be shiny, baby pink skin underneath. This will naturally re-pigment in a couple of weeks.
- No saunas until crusts have fallen.
- Only use mineral based makeup after 48 hours.
- Expect swelling, discolouration and flaking.
- Skin may appear darker for a short while after treatment.
- Use SPF (min 30) after crusts have fallen.
- Use SPF summer and winter.